Re: [MV] cable slaves

From: Paul A. Thomas (bluewhale@jaxkneppers.com)
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 17:21:22 PDT

This brings to mind Los Angeles, Ca.

Last year they ( SOME group with the power to dictate ) decided that the
everyday usage term master/slave to describe two hard drives or CD
players in a computer was racist.. The alternative they chose to promote??

Shoot, I forgot! But I believe it was ' dominant/submissive '. It
brought to mind a woman in high heels with a whip. But then I rarely see
ads for such movies: perhaps it was a cattle prod?

I found it hilarious as most peoples were slaves at some time over the
past 10,000 years thus it was not racist, and to decide the rest of the
world was wrong about terminology regarding a piddly part of building a
computer....

Dey outlawed dat 'round here wit sum kinda proclamashun....