M-1942 command Post Tent questions

From: Dave (gpw1942@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jun 27 2004 - 17:40:35 PDT

Hi All,
As I read FM 20-15 on tents, I found the M-1945 command post tent
section and began to erect a command post tent I had save from the trash.
It took for ever to figure out how it went up ( although I am quite
proficient at GP mediums) and when erected looked nothing like the
picture in the FM.
I went inside and found the data tag from 1944 which stated it was an
M-1942 command post tent.
It is in rough shape and I would like to fix it up.
Does anyone have any info on this tent, pictures, manual , etc.
Can anyone recommend someone to repair the canvas. The closer to NJ the
better.
Thanx.
Dj