[MV] dual tandem tire matching

From: D O (dohe69@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 19:49:19 PDT

I know some good recommendations have been posted several months back on
this topic, but unfortunately I did not save them. Someday I will get a
rear axle lockout, but until then....

Below I show two ways to match the tires that I have. I am using round
number circumferences for ease of explanation. While they both minimize
axle to axle variances, one method has the benefit of matching pairs of
tires on each axle end at the expense of higher side/pinion gear operation.
The second method minimizes side/pinion gear action but doesn't do as well
of a job in matching tire pairs. I do not have lockers installed in either
axle. Any comments/suggestions?

Method 1.

126,126 - 128,128
127,127 - 127,127