Re: [MV] CANIBALS

From: Ida Heath (spike@defuniak.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 05:31:42 PDT

Good Morning Sergeant Major,

Of course I've heard of cannibilzation points. I put hundreds if not
thousands of miles on the road between several points in Germany to Nelligan
Barracks near Stuttgart to the cann point BUT with DA Form 2765-1 in hand
for each item at the check out point. Stripping and loading your truck was
NOT authorized, matter of fact, you left your vehicle outside the fence and
walked in to remove the parts because they KNEW that we were thieves so it
was their way to try to control what we took legally. I went with my list,
a mechanic or two, and naturally some blank forms and a parts book in case I
saw something while there that I needed.

I didn't mean for you people to think that I was "Mister Pure" and never did
any cannibilization, I did, but all I was saying was that it was not
authorized for a unit to do higher echelon work without proper authorization
nor was it authorized to have a unit cann point.

Again, not to bragg, but I drew proficiency pay until the Army stopped it
and when I was an E-7 after graduating number three in the noncommissioned
officer advanced course at Aberdeen Proving Ground the Department of the
Army Warrant Officer Division sent my commander a letter urging him to urge
me to apply for Warrant which I did so I do believe that I qualify to speak
on the subject fellers. Thats just a little different than a fellow who
spend a hitch in a
foreign country and went back home and got out as an E-3 or E-4.

I think we have wore this thread out. As someone else said "Over and out"
Is that authorized radio lingo?

Sonny

Message -----