Re: [MV] CANIBALS

From: dodgew200@mchsi.com
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 22:04:23 PDT

The Navy does the same thing with it's aircraft. Too many times I've come back
from a deployment only to be told to rape, rob and strip full FMC jets so the
parts could go to a squadron that is deploying. THen we have a hanger full of
parts bins.....a few that actually can fly. the fun part is...each aircraft has
to fly within a certain number of days...so the big game of fix one jet so it
can fly ONCE...then rob all the parts back out and put them in yet ANOTHER jet
so it can fly....ONCE...and over and over and over...

It's not so bad now...but cannabalization is and allways will be part of ANY
military mainteneance organization....no matter what anybody says...

Lurker Rob

--
'69 Plymouth Barracuda Fastback
'69 Dart 270 4dr For sale $900 obo