Re: [MV] CANIBALS

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 06:49:24 PDT

At 7:42 AM -0500 6/30/04, Ida Heath wrote:
>Isn't it sad that the United States Military personnel has decided to do
>double work and not allow the supply system to work all these years?

Ida, its been my understanding that the supply
system sometimes doesn't work. It breaks down,
there are stoppages somewhere or units are asked
to do more with less. I see this all the time in
the corporate sector at CNN. We bought a series
of machines that were a great deal at the time. A
few years later the company went TU and closed
down. Now we've got lots of Aable boxes (like a
Sun 420R) that are slowly dying. Deadlined boxes
are stripped for useful components and then the
chassis' tossed.

From my readings the British supply system broke
down during the latest conflict as they needed
every powerpack available for challenger tanks
and just managed to maintain most of them. Some
tanks however were left behind with crews for
want of key components that could not be
delivered. As I understand it, they stripped from
the entire supply system every powerpack
available from other units not in Iraq to keep
the combat units supplied. The Brits aren't old
hands at this warfighting thing.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)