Re: [MV] CANIBALS

From: Rob (dodgew200@mchsi.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 10:11:19 PDT

No, The point is..the military supply system DIDN'T work. Not enough funding
for spare parts was most of the problem, Supply weenies not knowing OR
careing that different models of the same aircraft DO require different
versions of the same part.

the mission requirements allways outpaced the supply system even when it did
work as advertised......especially when you have several thousand miles of
open ocean between you and that $20 widget you need to fix all of your
airplanes (because the manufacturer issued a TD saying so and everything is
"down" until the widget is installed and an FCF performed)

FEDLOG is STILL screwed up, the other night I punched in the NSN for a
special tool we use and three different times I got three different
results...a hatch cover, a wheel and "office equipment"...nothing resembling
the adapter I needed (which broke because it was made from cheap Chi-com
steel)

GRRRR!

Rob

'69 Barracuda Fastback