Re: [MV] 4th of July...+ 2 cents on Canibals

From: Ida Heath (spike@defuniak.com)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 19:38:09 PDT

You people can support wrong doing if you wish but I don't. If the Army
supply system was utilized properly there would be no need or reason for
swapping parts. It isn't fair to the mechanic doing the double work nor is
it fair to the system. Demand cryteria creates stockage authorization.
Three demands in 180 days gives you the authority to pick it up on your
precscribed load list and one demand keeps it on hand. How much simpler
could it be? I even took the demands when I went to the cann point. I did
my job the way it was supposed to be done, my mechanics and supervisors were
happy, they had ample time to do their job properly and everybody received
outstanding evaluation reports and everybody, including myself, got promoted
ahead, in most cases, of people in units that were hanging used parts and
doing their own maintenance with a pencil. Your way will work but it sure
makes things a hellava lot harder. and I'am of the opinion that there is
absolutely NO ryme or reason to do out of echelon work, thats just asking
for trouble.

I made Sergeant First Class (E-7) in the secondary zone of consideration,
the fastest any soldier in the Army could have made it so come on, I must
have done something right. If all my equipment was sitting on deadline, the
unit unable to perform its mission, do you really think that I would have
gotten where I did? Don't think so.

Okay, okay, I'll shut up.

Sonny