Re: [MV] 4th of July...advice

From: Nigel Hay (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 23:28:01 PDT

After many years of attending shows and parades with military vehicles of
various types, I found that it was always fun to persuade the organisers to
let the Face Painting stand go next to my Stuart. Not to delight all those
small children who were having their faces painted, no indeed. But Face
Painting stalls meant there was a constant supply of pretty young mothers
with time to kill while their offspring got made up...........

Golden moments included persuading a particularly pretty mother in a white
top to swap it over for a darker polo shirt from my overnight bag so she
wouldnt get it dirty as she climbed in....... this gave us all a
fascinating insight into how to change a top in public and keep it
modest.... she failed and it was a wonderful moment.

Rather than suggest to small children that they should ask their mummy if
they could have a ride in the tank, it became - "could you ask you mother if
she'd like to ....."

NIGE