Re: [MV] Off Topic: Nat'l Guard Redeployment

From: Royce C Hayes (rc_hayes1@juno.com)
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 13:08:20 PDT

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 15:46:28 -0400 "Steve Grammont"
<islander@midmaine.com> writes:
> Hello Royce,

> So one can only have an intelligent point of view if they have been
> in
> the military *AND* are a dyed in the wool Republican? I find that
> to be
> very narrow minded.

Yes, you have a right to your opinion. My comment was an observation and
was meant to find out where you were coming from.

> >When you sign up and you draw the money, if a war breaks out during
> that
> >time, then that is what comes with the territory.
>
> Understood, but that ignores the fact that the military is not
> currently
> set up to fight this war and therefore SOMETHING either has to
> change or
> the current serving personnel are going to continue shouldering the
> burden of a failed policy. I would think you as a Vietnam ear vet
> would
> sympathize with that more than most.

It's not a matter if I sympathize or if I have compassion for the
troupes. I do, but the reality is professional soldiers are paid to go
to war when called upon. I don't like it, but that's a fact.

Royce