T-84 (was.. MV Posts)

From: Jim Gilmore (jgilmore@ptd.net)
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 10:15:25 PDT

Bob Wrote,

>I am finishing up a book on the T-84J transmission. How to trouble shoot and repair it.
>Basically it is done but I would like to add some pictures of the various versions.
>Specifically, I need a picture of the Bantam BRC version. The MA side shifting version.
>The 3/4 quart capacity version with the drain plugs on the drivers side (already have one
>with the plugs on the passenger side) and also one of the "H" capacity. Shots out of the
>vehicle would be best...but I will take what I can get.

  Well........if I'da known ya wanted pix of these I could'a brought them to the convention .........

I have photos of the varations from both sides, Wllys and Ford........

>Just in case you don't know - The T-84J was used in the standardized (and Bantam/MA)
>WW2 1/4-ton jeep.

  The Checker too........and don't forget about the Weasel............that's a T-84.........

 Do you need pix of the different shifters and case tops?

>And for my second request--if you have pictures of broken, abused, or worn T-84J parts
>that would be great too. I have some of the parts but if you have a worn out stick shift,
>second and third gear.

  Well.......if somebody wants to loan me their jeep I could go out and make some for you... :-)

Jim Gilmore