Re: [MV] Two questions... M35A2 tow bar and DOT 5 brake fluid

From: Bruce Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 19:20:17 PDT

I believe that one lister turned in an idea like this:

Use heavy chain and two pieces of pipe large enough to pass the chain
thru. Be
carefull to get a chain that will handle twice the weight of your new
truck. If the pipe bends
that's one problem, but if the chain breaks you are in trouble. I would
also get enough
chain to be able to implement the two standard safety chains for break
away protection.
Obviously the shackles etc. that you use should have the same strength
as the chain.

I am assuming that you can go via non highway roads and travel at very
low speeds.

I would think this would work if you take your time and are real careful.

Disclaimer: I have not done this and cannot vouch for this method at all.

Hope this helps,

Bruce MVPA 23824