Re: [MV] New update on sputtering M-37

From: Vernon Tuck (vtuck@tucklings.com)
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 19:07:49 PDT

My experience probably won't match yours because my M37 has the smaller
flathead six which I rebuilt to the deeper stroke used by the M37s.

Also, it was converted to 12 volts. Furthermore, all the accessories,
including the distributor were off a civilian truck.

However, with that all out of the way I experienced a similar problem. It
turned out to be a bad vacuum diaphragm. I seem to recall that the
distributor had a dual weighted and vacuum advance mechanism. But it's been
so long ago I'm not sure.

In any event, once I replaced the vacuum diaphragm and new lines it ran good
again.

VT