Re: [MV] fuel mixing?

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@arrl.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 02:04:46 PDT

Henry,

         No need to be embarrassed at all....simply dump in a couple of
quarts of motor oil in the fuel tank and drive it. It may be a bit smokier
on occasion until it burns the full load of fuel which will take 3 or 4
refuelings. Remember it's a Multifuel, it will burn gas better if mixed
with diesel. After adding the motor oil make sure you top off the tank with
Diesel. Make sure you drive the vehicle as soon as you get the air pressure
up so the motion of the vehicle mixes the fuel in the tank. Carry spare
fuel filters in the truck with the wrenches to change em.

Jim

At 08:04 PM 7/4/2004, ygmir wrote:
>Hi all,
>Well......
>I was pouring an extra five gallons of diesel into my deuce, but, it turned
>out to be gasoline........
>When you quit laughing, I have a question:
>I know there are formulas for mixing gas with motor oil to approximate
>diesel. Can any one share it with me, please?
>Thanks,
>Henry (embarrassed.......)

James Shanks
n1vbn@arrl.net