Re: [MV] why I choose to unsubscribe

From: Ron (rojoha@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 09:16:40 PDT

    Well folks, it doesn't REALLY matter what WE consider or think this
forum is or should be used for. Arthur was very clear about what it was for
"In The Beginning". And we all read the list info upon sign up. If the
description made you 'miserable' and you signed up anyway, surprise! " What
a miserable place it would be if the only thing discussed
 was (shudder) the way that O/D was applied 18 March, 1943, in Indiana."
HELLOOOOoooo!!!! That's what the list was established for! There are plenty
of groups and chat rooms on Yahoo if that's what you are looking for.
Belittling or ridiculing or just plain BS'ing is not the purpose of this
list. Rants about Muslims, what we should do about Afghanistan, Iraq, Bush,
Cheney, Kerry and the like are not, unless they have some kind of DIRECT
relationship to HMV's and/or their collecting operation, and ownership by
private citizens.
    Posts about MV related things for sale, anecdotes about your experiences
in owning or operating an HMV, how things were done MV wise in the various
branches, what colors were used when, what type of licenses, CDLs,
insurance, titles and registration info, questions like "Anybody know
anything about XYZ's products?" or "Where can I get a left handed franistan
for an M977A3C2 used in Rhode Island National Guard in 1971?", looking for
contact info on.... etc., are all valid topics for the list.
    Of late, a significant number of requests for info get answered by
direct replies to the poster instead of the list. This is why so many
questions get asked over and over and over. Because of this tendency, a
search of the archives gets you only the previously asked questions, not the
answers.
         A significant number of us supplied funds when Arthur asked for
assistance to upgrade to better equipment to maintain the ORIGINAL list
purpose. Bottom line is that it is HIS list, not ours. HIS rules apply, not
our interpretation of what we think he meant or have gotten away with in his
absence. And while he has been busy elsewhere for quite a while, he IS
coming back. Heck, even Gerry Davidson, the originator of this list many
years ago, has bailed out of it to start a new European based list for
HMV's. This is ALL our loss since there seems to be a lot of WWII US
equipment 'over there' and a lot the owners, and their experience, are no
longer available to us on this list.

I refer you to his last missive: