Re: [MV] why I choose to unsubscribe

From: Robert Soar (billy_ruffian@fireflyuk.net)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 11:07:45 PDT

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 11:56:34 -0500, Charles J. Miller <nsaamiller@nvc.net>
wrote:

> Yes, I can delete the off topic threads. But, I have only so much time
> devote to reading my email. Wading through dozens of useless messages in
> the hope of gleaning something helpful wastes my most precious commodity.

A convention that has grown in another forum to which I subscribe is to
include the words OFF TOPIC or ON TOPIC in the subject line and this seems
to work about 80% of the time. the forum is devoted to a somewhat
idiosyncratic make of British car, the Bristol and the forum contributors
can perhaps also be described as idiosyncratic. The problem of off topic
postings (some of which are well worth reading) has been recognised and
the reader gets a chance to skip or look at those contributions that bear
an "OFF TOPIC" flag.

Would it be appropriate to adopt the same convention here?

Best regards, Rob

1954 Ferret Mk2/5VHF
and a small amount of cash from selling a couple of cars looking for
another MV!