RE: [MV] [Politics] Election just a formality ?? +British HMVs

From: Horrocks, Aaron (ACHb@pge.com)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 15:30:28 PDT

According to the TV, the rest of the world is interested in US politics... even protests them!

Anyhow, talking about HMVs: in the back of Military Vehicles magazine, some ferrets are selling for a mere $8,000~12,000!!! These British vehicles are pretty temping to pick up. If I don't get one myself, it's very likely that someone else in the Cimmerians (a milsim airsoft group that I belong to) could purchase one. In the group, it's been a trend (or "fad") to impersonate the British. Honorably, mind you. Many of us, including myself, have spent a great deal of money for DPM uniforms & gear to get the impression down.

Just this January we did a Falkland's War reenactment on a cold wet island. We really could have used some real Brit HMVs! Event picture galleries:
http://www.cimmerians.org/DT3.html
Me enjoying a pint of Boddington's:
http://www.cimmerians.org/images/dt23jan04camp009.jpg

Are there any references out there to explain the differences between the various versions of ferrets?
Were any used in the Falkland's War?

Aaron Horrocks
1952 M38A1
1986 G.P. Medium