Fw: [MV] Vandalism to Military Vehicle

From: Kenny Reed (kreed@pintoeng.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 06:22:49 PDT

I must say that you are a lot less tempered than me. I would gladly let
someone sit in my truck and even take them for a ride. With me driving of
course. If I told the person not to start it then that should have been
enough. I can hear my truck start from a few hundred yards away even with
other noises around. And I would feel really sorry for the person that
started it without permission. I could safely say I would fly offf the
handle. My father and I were just talking about the last night. Two or
three years ago at a farm tractor show some little kid started a tractor
with a detroit engine and the tractor was in reverse. the kids mother was
behind that tractor and it pinched her between the fender and a building.
She was ok for the most part just a little shaken up. To try stop that from
happening again I usually take the battery cable off and lock the steering
wheel when it is at a show or something like that unless I am there. then I
just lock the wheel. You can never be too careful with people around.

Kenny Reed
1968 M35A2 W/W LDT-465-1C