Re: [MV] Vandalism to Military Vehicle

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 06:58:55 PDT

>While we had our display set up, one of the guests asked if he could get in
my deuce. I told him sure, make himself at home and enjoy it....just don't
push the red "start" button. Well, other folks came up while this guy was
in the cab, and we were enjoying the conversation when I heard the LDT in my
deuce fire up.....

I had my M35 at a small show at a local military academy type place. They
had me park 50 yards away from the other smaller trucks from our club.
Turned my back for 2 minutes to get a dog and coke. Came back and was told
by fellow club members, having a good laugh, that 10 cades had been standing
on the hood of my truck posing for a picture. Good thing the hood and
fenders are plenty strong, and that cadets are in good shape (i.e. light
weight). I always lock the doors but as I stood there, 50 yards away, it
was amazing how many people would just stepup on the running board and try
to open the door. Also, at the Iola show last year, found a guy rooting
around in the back of my truck. Geee's. Oh, one more, had my mule at a
traveling wall display. There was a biker/vet group there also. While the
opening ceremony was going on, these two biker guys (more biker than vet I
think) found it convenient to lean/sit on my mule. And of course one guy had
one of those huge wallets with the chain on it. Well.... no more green paint
on the side rails. When confonting him about it, his reply was to point out
some other scratches here and there. I asked him where his bike was, they
just wondered off.

You can put something on the seat, tie down the steering wheel, disconnect
the battery, put do not touch signs out, all good ideas, but, if your not
there, nothing will stop these people from helping themselves to what they
seem to think is still government property.

later,

je