Re: [MV] Vandalism to Military Vehicle

From: chance wolf (chance_wolf@shaw.ca)
Date: Thu Jul 08 2004 - 23:18:23 PDT

----- Original Message -----
From: <DDoyle9570@aol.com>
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 10:51 PM
Subject: [MV] Vandalism to Military Vehicle

> Was I wrong to tell the guy he could enjoy the truck, just not start it?
> Was he right to say since he was invited in once in he could do as he
wanted?
> Was it wrong of me to tell my guests not to smoke in my house?

An emphatic "no" on all three counts. I think you just wound up in that MV
event "Twilight Zone" you fall into every now and then. I remember at one
of mine when I had a display of comms stuff out for the public to look at,
two non-English speaking tourists figured "display" and "free sample" were
synonymous, and I nabbed them crawling through the cab of my M-37 with one
of my BC-611 WWII walkie-talkies kidnapped as some kind of instant souvenir.
They were quite put out when I stopped them from carrying it off to Upper
Lower Middle Fujian or wherever it is they might've hailed from a few Air
Miles back.

I don't think some people are tethered to the same planet as the rest of us,
and if there's no overriding medical reason or obvious level of
incapacitating intoxication behind it all - it's probably best to just
maintain a safe distance from them for the rest of your life once they've
been identified. I know a few like that. From a distance. A generous
distance.

<Rod Serling Voice>

"You've entered another dimension...a dimension of sight, of sound...."