Re: [MV] Vandalism to Military Vehicle

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 07:55:22 PDT

At 9:04 AM -0500 7/9/04, Joe Shannon wrote:
>I saw David on the Fourth. Big military vehicle
>display at Fort Knox with operating armor. We
>had a good time but nothing like his email
>happened. I think his post was an attempt at a
>parable about how guests of Arthur have
>disregarded the rules and crashed through the
>"tent" (newsgroup), destroying it for many of us.

Unfortunately it's a very bad example. Its more
like a bunch of people speaking about other
things at an MV club meet before official things
happen. After all, the list is ephemeral and
isn't broken. Now, if someone started sending
gobs of spam through the list or worse, porn,
then the analogy would start to apply.

Really, the best thing to ask for is that folks
trim their posts and change subject lines. I've
been on the Internet since '90 and I learned long
ago that OT post are a given, unless every post
is moderated by the list mod and those lists tend
to be very dry. Frankly, I can't wait to meet a
bunch of you guys because the personalities are
interesting and there's quite a broad group of
folks here.

Hell, Ronzo alone is a trip.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)