[MV] List rules are anti-American??

From: Neil E. Amrhein (neil@compu-powr.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 10:07:18 PDT

> As far as the rest of YOUR advice, now that I have read your parables of
> "The man who crushed the tent", and the one about "The guest who smoked the
> cigar", I have changed my position on OT posts. I did not realize that the
> moderator was so concerned about content. Now that I know, from you, that he
> is, I will self-moderate, and just sit back, and watch with interested
> detachment, when raving lunatics attack my fellow Americans.
>
> A P Bloom,
> Jeffersonian
> Christian
> Kraut/Mick

Well, I did not see anything about that in David's original post... But, if following the rules of this list is un-patriotic in some way, as is being implied here by letting "lunatics attack my fellow Americans", then we should all just rebel against that anti-Americanism and start looting. Let's steal from our neighbors, attack our fellow Americans.... Oh no, wait..... That's what we said we didn't want anyone else to do, isn't it????? Hmmmm, I'm confused by the paradox....

I think the point was merely to get people to think about follow the list rules, not become an anti-American terrorist.

For me? Well I'm done with anything loosely resembling these threads. My fingers are getting tired.