Did you leave the keys in it?

From: GOTaM35 (GOTaM35@joetrapp.com)
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 10:38:56 PDT

I haven't read all of today's post yet, but I had a thought a moment ago
while reading about David's experience with the bone head.

I have always heard that if you leave the keys in a vehicle here (SC) you
can get a ticket. That might be a urban legend. Regardless, since most of
our MV's don't have a keyed switch, could having these vehicles be a problem
with the law or even with our insurance companies one day. You legal minds
out give us some opinions.

Having said this, one of the first things I did with my M35 was install a
keyed switch that will keep it from being started. Sure a thief could hot
wire it easy enough, but if some dummy at a show does that I think I could
have him locked up.

Do we need to keep an eye out for hand lockable devises for our MV's and
share such finds with each other?

Joe "paranoid" Trapp