War Memorials

From: William F Cox (grntrks@juno.com)
Date: Fri Jul 16 2004 - 23:04:13 PDT

When I was living in Wisconsin many years ago we used to go camping near
the town of Townsend, Wis. In front of ( I think ) the town hall there
was a Tank ( I don't remember what series, may have been an M4 Sherman ?
). At any rate it was right on the main road in town.

As I recall the tank was entered by someone around Halloween time and at
night. They actually got it started and drove it several blocks before
getting caught. After the tank was returned to its place of honor the
tanks batteries were removed and the hatches were welded shut.

I often wonder if it is still there. Perhaps a list member could check
it out sometime and get some photos.

As I recall, Townsend is about 35 miles south of Marienette in far north
part of Wisconsin..

Frank Cox
'Nam '66 MVPA 14530
'66 M35A2 w/w