Re: [MV] lifting an S-250

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 14:23:26 PDT

Bruce

There is actually a military kit that is used to manually lift the shelter
into a duece.

It consists of four corner bracket fixtures that slip into the holes of the
bed sides, some come-alongs, some pulleys and a couple of rounded edges that
slip over the back of the bed and tailgate opening.

First the truck is backed up to the shelter and it is lifted up with the
comealongs and pulleys until the leading edge is above the bed level, then
the truck is backed toward the shelter until the leading edge is resting on
the bed floor. Then the lift position changes to the back edge of the
shelter for the second lift. Another set of comealongs pull from the
leading edge of the shelter to the front brackets mounted on the bed.

Really its a matter of leverage and tensions. It can be done with two men
and patience.

I have a printed copy of the manual with the procedure somewhere, I'll
locate it and see if I can get it scanned.

I have a kit, and it does come in handy. I'll see about getting some photos
of the brackets, etc.

John