Re: [MV] lifting an S-250

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Sun Jul 18 2004 - 19:18:18 PDT

I have been shown the error of my eyesight. I am speaking of a lifting kit
for the larger, 12ft shelter, the S280.

The shorter S250 would probably do an endover flip, if attempting to load it
in the before mentioned manner. Yet, if it did do the end up, not all the
way onto its end, you would still have about three feet above the bed level
to attach the comealongs from the front of the bed to the top edge of the
shelter, which would be the top edge farthest away from the bed now, and
leverage the shelter up while still using the rear mounted comealongs to
lift the shelter on up onto the bed itself. Just a lot steeper angles
caused by four feet less length.

But, I've never loaded the shorter S250, so I can't speak from personal
experience on it working smoothly. But, I would think some 12 to 14 foot
4x4's with some pieces of pipe placed under the shelter for rollers up the
incline would make a nice assist.

I'll dig out the manual and post pics of the setup that I have, and list the
link.

John