RE: [MV] Tea, Boiling Vessels and crumpets

From: Yuke.RF@forces.gc.ca
Date: Mon Jul 19 2004 - 08:20:09 PDT

A friend of mine who was in the Lord Strathcona's Armoured Regiment tearing
up the soil of Germany in Leopard tanks went into great detail one day at
lunch about the toileting habits of armoured troops. Seems they had a supply
of plastic zip lock bags (jumbo sized) with them into which they deposited
processed ration packs. These bags were then tied to the exterior of the
tank to be disposed of later. Good idea except then you ran into something
and the bags (some days old) bust and spread their contents down the side of
the tank. If the wind was right you could smell the tanks long before you
hear them. He also mentioned "Deep Brown Sweat" it was a product of wearing
CBW suits for 3 days in a tank in summer.

Cheers Rick