Re: [MV] LDT-465-1D tuning

From: Jeffrey J Alberhasky (jalberhasky@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 15:33:31 PDT

50 hp is easy with no cooling problems! That's about 185 hp. With the
fuel rate turned up, 15 lbs of boost is possible, but the turbo will
develop it at Max rpm which doesn't do ya much good. 15 lbs at 1500 r's
would be great but that ain't going to happen with the ole 1c or 1d free
spinner turbo. I can get about 9-12 lbs this range and my fuel is
cranked up about as far as one would want to go without causing a
meltdown. It will reach 15 lbs at 2700 rpm. You get up over this and a
intercooler is needed to cool the compressed air. About the max safe HP
is going to be around 190-210 hp and torque around 425 foot lbs or so.
With a turbo capable of 20 psi and a intercooler, 250-275 hp and 500 ft
lbs is attainable but the engine ain't going to like it for long
....along with the tranny! JJA