axles.. front/back and air shift

From: Dennis Racz (docdrrd@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 20 2004 - 15:38:49 PDT

Ok ? So I misunderstood how the front axle works, its not like what is in smaller trucks. In that the left and right are engaged and disengaged with air pressure and the front drive shaft was engaged from transfercase also at same time. Does that mean that both sides are locked on the front all the time? or is there a limited slip in there somewhere? I thought there would be problems if it was locked together? Like turning and such?

But yes the 4 wheel steering idea sounds cool, or is it 6 or 10 wheel? but I do understand now by what you guys are saying, just my mistakeing understanding of how it works on these trucks. I know that all the wheels can be driven by the six marks in the yard pulling out a tree. Where they did spin.  So can someone explain a little on front drive trains? I am not dumb just uninformed.