Re: [MV] Someone on the list has a virus

From: jimweb@endgame.demon.co.uk
Date: Fri Jul 23 2004 - 01:22:35 PDT

J. Forster wrote:
> OK, I now KNOW someone on this list has a virus. Furthermore, it is someone that
> posts to the alternate address, Skylee.com, and likely uses Shawcable as an
> ISP..

We have been through this before please read the back messages. It is
unlikely to be someone on the list - it is more likely to be somone who
knows someone on the list as the address's are usually extracted from a
third parties mailing list.

One way to find out is to read the headers. The IP number is not usually
forged but if its somebody operating through a dial-up [usual case] then
they will be virtually impossible to find.

I get the W32.P virus practically on a daily basis at the moment from a
bobcat@yahoo.com address that is faked and the IP is a dial-up from
Sprint - most annoying but there isn't much I can do.

--
TTFN
Jim