Re: [MV] following on MV support for Lance Armstrong ( very much on topic of course)

From: Nigel Hay -MILWEB (Nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 12:43:32 PDT

But heartrendingly, in September the Dutch hold the "race to the bridge" at
Arnhem - but its not for the Lance's of this world, its for re-enactors
"competing" on original BSA folding Parabikes. Years ago I rode one for
about 10 miles - dashed hard work and not an experience I relish- quite how
on earth anyone was in condition to fight after 500 yards on one I cannot
imagine.
However plus side is that values of these have risen, I saw one in the
summer approaching a thousand quid, though the norm is around half that.
Repro parts are now being made - amazingly original parts still surface.
These bikes really were a throwaway item in 1944.
NIGE