Re: [MV] Convoy train spotted with 200 MV's, Boulder CO

From: Bones (mrbones@ixks.com)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 17:36:27 PDT

I live about 150 ft from the UP (Union Pacific for you outlanders) mainline
here, can watch from my porch as they roll by...everytime somebody is hit at
the crossing the local paper cites that there are trains by here at an
average of once every 6 minutes. After the 90-91 Gulf War, and the current
situation(s) abroad I have determined the following: seems that westbound is
coming home, eastbound is going to theatre.
They are fairly frequent going east still, see far less coming home. YMMV.
After returning from the Gulf War, there were numerous times I had to climb
over these trains stopped dead for hours whilst returning home from a few
pints at the the local pub on foot. They were full of tanks we (NMCB24)
stayed behind and helped load up on the Merchant Marine vessels bound for
CONUS, largely M60 variants of the USMC and various smoked / irradiated
Iraqi armor. The majority of the trains are and were full of modern US
STBHMVs (Soon-to-be-historical-MVs) :-)

Best,

T. Bones Morris

Yup..returning home...at last....
and now another unit is getting ready to head out..Some of my buddies are
going over....with a "shopping list"..!!!!
Gene