Re: ( very much on topicof course)

From: Douglas Greville (dgrev@iinet.net.au)
Date: Mon Jul 26 2004 - 17:31:00 PDT

John

> To the typical fat, overweight MV collector, I guess the tour doesn't mean
> much. It couldn't be held here because you'd have a higher casualty rate
> among the contestants because Fat Americans riding SUV's would plow into the
> course. Of course, it doesn't mean much that Lance is the first rider in
> history to win 6 Tour De France's, because he isn't a "real" athlete like
> the drug using, felony and misdemeanor-convicted football and baseball
> players...
>
> Ohh, did I mention that most Americans are fat?
>
> Keep on eatin' at BK and Mickey D's boys, cause me and my ambulance
> are-a-comin' when you have your MI!

Mate, you are wasting your breath. Until the western world finally
figures out that petroleum based fuels and the oil companies need
to be relegated to history your nation and ours will have its fate
tied to oil.

IF and WHEN alternate energy sources finally become the norm, perhaps
at that time things will change. But at the bottom of it all, while
the US citizen still pays peanuts for fuel nothing will change. You
and I are both aware of what the English and Europeans are slugged for
petrol and diesel (90% of it is tax) especially in England where the
public transport system is a national joke, very few people will give
up their car. What choice do they have, as a bicycle is downright
dangerous but also very impractical in snow and perpetual rain.......

When you see how much it costs them to take their MVs to Beltring
and Overlord etc, yet they are still keen enough about their hobby to
do it: you realise that we are all addicted to POWERED self transport!

Regards
Doug