RE: [MV] Towing an M35A2

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 27 2004 - 04:08:19 PDT

According to the 361-10 (M44A2 series), it's not recommended that the
vehicle be towed with front or rear wheels off the ground, unless the truck
is damaged in some way.
To tow with all wheels on the ground, "place transfer case shift lever and
the transmission gear shift lever in "N" (neutral) position."
According to the 211-10 (M39 series), it's not recommended that the vehicle
be towed with front or rear wheels off the ground, unless the truck is
damaged/disabled.
"Place gear shift lever and transfer shift lever in "N" (neutral position,
so that only the transfer gears will revolve when the diabled truck is
towed."
"If the transfer on disabled truck is damaged, disconnect transfer to front
axle and transfer to forward rear axle propeller shafts at axles before
towing."

Bjorn