Re: [MV] ** Witold Grzymala-Busse ** RE: [MV] A train load of M1's spotted in KC KS

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Mon Aug 02 2004 - 16:12:14 PDT

At 6:15 PM -0400 8/2/04, Steve Grammont wrote:
> >OPSEC is all well and good, but enough stuff is open
>>source documentation that some of the worries are a
>>little silly.
>
>Well said. For example, I am researching the new STRYKER Brigades.
>Super duper hightech new force to strike fear into the heart of the
>enemy... and all documentation on organization, weapons allocation, SOPs,
>methods of attack, methods of defense, interaction with other assets,
>communication procedures, etc. are available for download in PDF format
>straight from the US Army's various websites. Far more valuable info than
>anything that has ever been said on this list.

The thing is, a well designed electronic system
isn't secure through obscure details, rather it
is secure through good design. Further, what
makes the stryker's systems useful is that they
allow a force commander to know where his assets
are and are not in the real time. This allows a
faster response and regardless of the enemy's
knowledge of the his capabilities, his ability to
react and understand the big picture will still
give him the force multiplier that he's looking
for.

--
--
Ryan Gill              rmgill@SPAMmindspring.com
      |        |                   |         -==----
   |s|\        /|s|   |s|/BSV 575\|s|   |x|-\|     |/-|x|
'60 Daimler Ferret '42 Daimler Dingo '42 Humber MkIV (1/3)