Re: [MV] Loose Lips, Sunk Ships and EUCs

From: Steve Grammont (islander@midmaine.com)
Date: Tue Aug 03 2004 - 00:51:42 PDT

>("But they only follow what's in the policy manual - they have to follow
>orders!" Bullshit. There's nothing like uniformity from base-to-base
>regarding the exact-same goods every, single, solitary sale, so that old
>dodge doesn't wash.)

Especially since the destruction of military cloth items appears to once
again be unofficially (or officially?) ignored. According to one
wholesaler who buys from DRMO/GL, the only cloth items being destroyed
these days are camo nets. We can't be having a suicide bomber's Ryder
truck giving off a slightly reduced radar signature now can we?

Common sense and government behavior aren't often seen together. Instead
the government spends tons of resources (i.e. taxpayer money) screwing
with things that needn't be, while messing up things that shouldn't be.
Meaning, while they are busy making out EUCs for electronic museum
pieces, someone lets slip a couple of hard drives which previously had
classified data on them. Maybe if they weren't distracted by nonsense
items they would be more likely to spot the stuff that really does need EUCs.

Steve