RE: [MV] 24v generator

From: Bjorn Brandstedt (super_deuce@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 04:04:59 PDT

Hi Rick,
The generator will not produce an output without a voltage on the field
terminals.
Generally, if the generator has been sitting around for a long time, it
should be "polarized", momentarily connect the battery (24V) to the field
terminals.
The regulator feeds back the output from the generator in such a way that
the output stays within a few tenths of 28 volts.
The newer alternators have built-in regulators.
If you need more info check article in MVM Feb 2004 issue (Solid state
devices...)
Cheers,
Bjorn