Re: [MV] Dipping of sheet metal parts?

From: everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Aug 04 2004 - 14:18:17 PDT

you would have to be prepared to paint as soon as they come out or will rust
again, and I have some concerns about interiors of boxed in parts such as
frameless bodies have...

And most of the "acid dips" are actually just the opposite - a very strong
caustic solution - either one will destroy aluminum

Paint or coat immediately with some sort of rustproofing - there are some
phosphate coatings but very hard to apply - best to prime paint while they
are still warm and do just a few pieces at a time - re-rust will happen in
minutes after dipping -- BEEN THERE DONE THAT

Everette