Re: [MV] M35A2 tire and heater questions...

From: John Souza (John.Souza@ci.fresno.ca.us)
Date: Thu Aug 05 2004 - 23:09:41 PDT

Patrick,

As far as I know there is only one type of wheel used as a dual on the
M35 series. The variance is with the tire. Some 11:00 x20's are wider
than other as they age. You can only tell this when they are "aired" up
though.

Either you mis-understood your tire guy or he is wrong. You can't use a
11:00 x 20 tube in a 9:00 x 20 tire. It is streatched way too big.
But, you can use a used 9:00 x 20 tube in a 11:00 x20 tire. It will
streatch to fit. If you go the other way. You will have wrinkles in
the tube with it is inflated in the smaller tire. That will lead to
failure. In fact any tube that I remove from a tire that has wrinkles
gets tossed in the trash. I don't want problems on the road.

John Souza
MVPA #2697
Fresno, CA

>>> Patrick Jankowiak <recycler@swbell.net> 08/05/04 9:34 PM >>>
11x20's fit mine as duallies. Some people say they will rub. mine
don't. There are apparently two depths of wheel offset? Best to
measure, see what you have for space, then consider.

The tire service guy said the same tubes and flaps can be used
for either size MIL NDT tire. He's been doing split rim truck
tires etc. for many years, so.. but then, there may be other
opinions/documents.

My hot water heater for the deuce was $250 new.. They don't
usually come with the mountinf brackets, but someone on the list
makes and sells them. Note the heaters may have differently
spaced mounting holes than the brackets, so you may need to drill
(simple).

http://208.190.133.201/11x20/11x20fit.html

Alex wrote:

> My non running M35 is now home, sleeves are rolled up and am learning
> work on it. Until the next unknown rears it's head, the simple
questions
> I have today are:
>
> 1)What size tires can I mount on it. It now has 9.00x20 mil ND's. Can
> mount 11.00x20 Mil ND's? What about those cool Michelin tires? What
> sizes? Can I use the 9.00 tubes and flaps with the other size/type
> tires. Are the Michelins radial. and would I need radial tubes? Why?
> What else do I need to know about tires for this truck. I understand
the
> ND's are bad in snow. right?
>
> 2)My truck doesn't have a heater. There is a guy on ebay with a fuel
> powered heater for this truck. It looks new but doesn't have a control
> or distribution box. Should I get this as a basis for a cab heater?
They

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>

<mil-veh-digest@mil-veh.org>