RE: [MV] M35A2 tire and heater questions...

From: Alex (alex@glx.net)
Date: Fri Aug 06 2004 - 20:27:13 PDT

Matt,
I’m jealous… I wish I had those tires. I spoke with Gary at Lexor and
all he had in 11.00x20 were the std mil ND’s so I picked up some from
him. They have 70-90% tread. If you go to Lexington to see him, stop by
the military museum right off the interstate… lots of cool mil vehicles.
Gary is a pretty good guy too.

I sure haven’t seen too many answers to my tube size and radial tube
questions… so I guess I’m not the only one not too sure about these
things, eh?

In my mind the jury is still out on the fuel fired vs hot water units… I
got replies back both ways. The fuel fired unit has some interesting
possibilities like….

1) A divertible copper loop around the right heater point to act as a
block and/or battery and/or fuel tank heater. Think of the utility…
warming things up on a cold winter’s day without a 120 volt source...
like in the parking lot at work at the end of the day. Would take a
little engineering… but sounds intriguing. Of course if you don't do it
right you'll have a steam powered grenade.
2) A quickly warmed cab on a cold day.

Well… some thing to think about before winter, but I will have to do
something. I don’t want to have to scrape my windows on the inside too.
:)