Re: [MV] A different M35A2 brake problem

From: JoeYoungInc@aol.com
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 02:48:44 PDT

Frank,
Thank you very much for your detailed response. I did
query Kelly about the size of the cylinder he bought
and he said that it's exactly the same as the old one,
but I never thought to mention checking the size on
the left. He thought about trying different air pressure,
but he didn't do it. I didn't think of a line swelling
under pressure, that's are darn good lead. I'll get him
to check the line and if that is not the problem he'll
have to pull the left side and compare.
Back to wheel cylinder size, I assumed that they would
be the same on both sides. That was real dumb of me due
to so many goofy repairs I've seen on the deuces. There
was a leaking wheel cylinder on the front left of one,
so I pulled the drum. Wow! When the military did some
brake work, they completely missed one rod that comes out
of the wheel cylinder, so the front shoe was just along
for the ride. They never installed the return spring and
I later found it under the seat in the cab.
As soon as the problem is solved, I'll post to the List.
Joe Young