M35A2 Fuel Problem(s)

From: Verne J. Valentine (thebear@seanet.com)
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 19:34:17 PDT

I am having an ongoing problem getting fuel to feed to the deuce.. I
started with the intank fuel pump. I replaced it and it worked fine. I
could get fuel flow simply turning on the master switch and opening the
drain on the fuel filter.. I thought it prudent to change the filters and
when I opened the fuel filter canister I was shocked. I have never seen
filters that were that dirty. The canisters had gunk in the bottom of the
like a sludge. I cleaned out the canisters and installed the new
filters. I ran the intank pump and got the air out of the system. I took
the line that goes from the filter to the injector mechanism and ran clean
fuel through that as well to get the air out. Still no combustion. I thne
took off the line that goes to the #1 injector and cranked the engine for
some time. There was no fuel coming to the injector.

Ideas anyone?

Many thanks

Verne Valentine
MVPA 20863