Re: [MV] CUCV receiver hitch mods

From: John Doherty (mofta@hiwaay.net)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 19:28:20 PDT

On my M1028, the 'special brackets' that hold the clevis extensions are
mounted to the rear frame rails both inside the frame channel and beneath
it.

I would like to find a heavy duty rated receiver that might possibly fit
'between' those mounting locations without altering them, perhaps just
drilling some additional mounting holes for alignment, etc.

It took some doing for an M886, but I did find a unit that slipped up into
the frame rail itself, for additional ground clearance for it.

I figure that with a little research I can come up with a similar solution
for the M1028, M1008 arrangement.

Thanks again.

John