Re: [MV] Renting for a movie ??$

From: J Travis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 05:21:14 PDT

Hi. Been enjoying the thread (even though its lacking our usual
political debates) and was curious to know- IF a person were interested
in cobbling together something for the movie rental business, such as,
say, a fake Tiger that would look OK from a distance and run, but be the
sort of thing that not being "real", wouldn't be such a risk to use on a
movie- i.e., when Mikey the new PA is pulling cables and accidently
yanks a great big spot light over and dents the fake muffler covers,
they aren't made of genuine unobtainium and don't mean a 6 month
expedition to shift through the desert sands or wading through the
Ukraine swamps trying to find the remains of an original replacement-
would something like that stand to generate enough income over time to
pay for itself, or maybe even make a profit? Just curious to get the
view from someone who has been there.
Thanks,
Jay