Re: [MV] Hauling IN an M35

From: Joe Garrett (j.garrett@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 10:33:47 PDT

Everything said here is good advice. One of my deuces has the entire bed
relined in heavier gauge steel to support more weight (not my doing). This
makes me think that a diamond plate floor would be a good idea for car
transport. I agree strongly that the tie downs should be tied into the
frame. I wouldn't even run the rear tie downs over the tailgate, as there
is a good chance that the tailgate itself could collapse, allowing the load
to shift forward a foot or more (I have a junk tailgate that is folded in
just such a way).

I have a commercially built car trailer, and the bed in it is just 2X6 SPF
boards framed on 2 inch angle iron. When I use it, I ALWAYS tie the
vehicle's frame down and compress the vehicles springs. It's the only way
to safely go!

Joe Garrett