Re: [MV] M-416 trailers and CUCVs

From: Jim Cooney (triumphtrash13@eircom.net)
Date: Sat Aug 14 2004 - 09:53:14 PDT

Jim,

OK. So I should upgrade the Transmission cooling system;

What Transmission Cooler Kit do you recommend for the CUCV?

I've recently got my Radiator completely overhauled;

Could I use a new Tranny cooling system in conjunction with the original
system? If not - why not? If I were to dispense with the original tranny
cooling system can I get a full size rad to replace the combined rad that's
in my truck? Auto trans is the exception over here and not the rule so
apologies if the questions seem naive!

Can you get Tranny Temperature gauges? Would it be a good Idea to remove the
viscous fan and install a Kenlowe Electric Fan kit for efficiency and
economy?

Regards,

Jim........in Ireland
M1008 A1 CUCV