Re: [MV] A Disgusting Development... re: eBay

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sat Aug 21 2004 - 15:26:14 PDT

Yes. I am ABSOLUTELY POSITIVE.

I just tried it again and with cookies turned off, the eBay system will NOT
accept an entered user name and password. It WILL accept EXACTLY THE SAME user
name and password with cookies turned on.

I never use the 'Keep me signed in', since I NEVER 'sign in'. My default is
cookies always OFF.

Try the experiment yourself. Pick something that is cheap now and is certain to
go more, so you don't get stuck, turn OFF all cookies and try bid.

-John