Re: [MV] OT another ploy by ebay

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Sun Aug 22 2004 - 17:29:19 PDT

J Travis wrote:

 There's a way to passively resist almost anything that eBay can try to force on
you,

> if you get creative enough.
>
> JTravis

That's why I made the original post in this thread. The ONLY hope of influencing
eBay is for enough people to object. They have backed down, although not in
public, on several issues.

Let's not beat around the bush. eBay is a big, powerful company, out to do what
they see as in THEIR best interest alone. They are not a charity. Sellers are
their customers, and buyers are but a necessary evil and carry little, if any,
weight and are a secondary concern. Only if they perceive their customer's
business is severely threatened, will they alter their plans. No different than
Exxon or GM or any other big corporation.

Some of their surveys are legit. You can look at the links to be sure. As to the
content of their surveys, they seem to be more concerned that their 'customer
service' people are courteous that whether they actually make a meaningful
response or solve the problem. I guess it's a result of their strain of
corporate culture: form vastly outweighs function. (i.e.: 'Have a Nice Day'
after you get screwed)

-John