Re: [MV] M1009 Vacuum pump diaphram

From: James Shanks (n1vbn@arrl.net)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 09:08:31 PDT

Sound like the check valve built into the vacuum pump is not closing to
prevent loss of vacuum. Also check the line your connecting to verify no
leaks. You should see for a new/good vacuum pump between 25-27 inches of
mercury. If you vacuum pump won't pump less than 10 inches of mercury it is
time to replace.

         Best of luck

Jim

At 09:33 AM 8/24/2004, Amnon wrote:
>Should the vacuum pump on an 85 M1009 produce constant vaccum, or is it OK
>for it to do what I can best describe as "one cycle it has 10 and the next
>almost nothing". The needle of the guage is going crazy between zero and
>10.
>
>Anybody has a new diaphram for the pump?
>

>Shalom Ya'll
>Amnon Nissan
>
>Deltaforce
>919-852-2121