M35A2 LDT 465 deuce engine/tranny F/S - $1000 or seperate

From: Bob Ternes (racecadet@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 09:49:49 PDT

Hi all,

I am repowering my deuce with a Caterpillar 3208
à la Tom-Fastest (a source of great inspiration
and information, by the way!) and I'm hoping
someone on here is interested in picking up my
current powerplant.

It's a Herc Multifuel with about 620 hrs on the
clock. It had a depot rebuild probably sometime
in the late 80s, but I never have been able to
crane my head to read the dataplate on the engine
(I will try to if it's essential). The engine
itself is clean and a great runner, but I
realized I just need more power than I can get
from the LD- blocks with any and all available
upgrades combined. My cat motor puts out 210HP
stock, and that's without downtime to cool off
the pistons. :)

The engine itself is in excellent condition. I
got a full servicing before I drove it across
country back home, and is currently purring on
Rotella. The tranny is in good condition. 2nd
gear is a bit notchy compared to my tastes, but
otherwise it runs great, and since I'm currently
surveying the underside for the swap, I've
cleaned the whole underside.

I am looking to get $900 for the COMPLETE engine
and $300 for the tranny, or $1000 for the whole
enchilada. I'll be draining everything before
pulling. My rig is going to be inoperable for a
few months after I pull it, so pickup will be the
best thing, but I will hold it for shipping if
the seller wants to put down a deposit. For some
extra scratch, I'll palletize it and drag it down
to a shipper with a borrowed truck and trailer.
However, I don't think I need to emphasize how
expensive it will likely be to ship this thing,
so I'd urge local pickup.

This will be available by October.

I'm located in Boulder, Colorado. Please email me
at racecadet@yahoo.com with any questions.

Cheers
Bob Ternes
1968 soon to be M35a8 :)